Solicitors in Westminster, London
Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
A breakdown in the relationship between business owners can be acrimonious, expensive and damaging to a business. Our Dispute Resolution lawyers have considerable experience in acting for partnerships, LLPs and individuals and adopt a strategic and outcomes-focused approach.
We encourage early independent mediation where we consider that to be an effective approach; where that is not possible we adopt a speedy and robust approach to court proceedings. In partnership disputes, our experience includes:
- Breaches of partnership or LLP agreements;
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants in partnership agreements;
- Partnership expulsions and compulsory retirements; and
- Dissolution and winding-up of partnerships.
Our Dispute Resolution team also advises in respect of shareholder disputes which appear to be on the increase. We have extensive experience in advising companies and minority shareholders of their rights and how best to resolve shareholder disputes. Our expertise includes:
- Enforcement of shareholder statutory and contractual rights;
- Fiduciary claims;
- Derivative action on the part of minority shareholders; and
- Unfair prejudice claims and just and equitable winding-up petitions.
We recognise that partnership and shareholder disputes can be highly sensitive and we operate with the highest levels of confidentiality.