Solicitors in Westminster, London
Our Dispute Resolution lawyers are one of the most experienced teams in the country acting for independent and maintained schools, Higher Education Institutions and Universities is highly complex and important disputes in the courts, in the tribunals and through ADR.
We work closely with our clients to develop specific strategies to resolve issues quickly, avoiding disputes and court proceedings where possible. Where court proceedings are required, our highly experienced litigation lawyers will act swiftly and robustly to protect our clients' interests and ensure a beneficial outcome.
Recent examples of disputes that we have resolved or acted in include:
- Employment, building and commercial contracts and service agreements;
- Protecting property and land rights;
- Claims involving allegations schools have breached pupils human rights;
- Local Authority disputes relating to land and funding;
- Proceedings against the Secretary of State to contest directions of transfer of property.
- Challenging Ofsted reports and judgments
- Intellectual property disputes and brand protection;
- Acting for parents in dispute with the schools their children attend, including exclusions and failure to achieve expected grades; and
- Data protection, GDPR and subject access requests.
- Stephen Dean
- Managing Partner and Head of Dispute Resolution
- Clifford Woodroffe
- Niamh McKay
- Michael Anderson
- Laura Southern
- Trainee Solicitor