Solicitors in Westminster, London
Contested Trusts, Wills & Estates
Disputes arising from contested wills and probate are increasing and can cause considerable stress to all involved. Increasingly, we are seeing a willingness to challenge trustees and personal representatives through the courts.
Our Dispute Resolution lawyers working closely, where required, with our private client team and our STEP (Society of Trust Estate Practitioners) accredited lawyers, have considerable experience in bringing and defending claims involving:
- Claims against executors and trustees for removal, breach of duty or improper conduct;
- claims made under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975;
- claims made against estates attacking the validity of wills (such as undue influence or testamentary capacity) or trusts and other legal grounds of challenge, including estoppel and Beddoe applications;
- Testamentary capacity and undue influence claims;
- Advising charities on challenging and defending will legacies and
- Court of Protection proceedings including the appointment of deputies, the sale of property and making statutory wills.
We work closely with our clients to provide compassionate but practical, timely and cost-effective advice and outcomes with the highest degree of confidentiality and discretion.