- Quality Service Putting our clients first and understanding their challenges, objectives and goals and delivering a tailored service that represents value in every sense.
- Heritage Taking pride in our history, embracing our legacy and taking responsibility for the future success of our firm.
- Forward Thinking Striving to be flexible, skilled, able to adapt to the needs of our clients and always thinking several steps ahead.
- Expertise To pursue the delivery of outstanding results in all we do and to be market leaders in our specialist sectors.
- Dynamic To be positive in attitude, energetic, responsive and always on the front foot.
Michael is a Solicitor in both our Dispute Resolution and Commercial and IP teams.
He joined LBMW as a trainee solicitor in September 2019 before qualifying as a Solicitor in 2021. He spends much of his time advising on property and charity litigation, IP law and trademark oppositions and non-contentious commercial or corporate agreements.
Michael deals with a variety of disputes ranging from disputes between landlords and tenants, commercial and contractual disputes between companies, shareholders disputes including unfair prejudice claims, charity litigation, trust disputes and contested probate as well as defamation claims. He also advises on settlement agreements in connection with employment disputes. His clients are varied and include companies, charities, public bodies and individuals.
He advises several international clients on the protection of Protected Designations of Origin and Protected Geographical Indications in the wine, spirits and food sectors. Michael has experience in trademark opposition proceedings in the UK IPO relating to the protection of geographical indications including Champagne, Cognac and others.
He often advises clients on non-contentious work including commercial contracts and agreements, corporate structures and employment contracts. Michael has experience in clergy discipline work and has recently represented a client in the Court of Arches, the ecclesiastical court’s court of appeal.
Michael qualified as a solicitor in 2021. Some of his career highlights to date include:
- Winning a dispute between a Landlord and Tenant, securing a payment of damages and costs for the client Landlord.
- Acting in an Unfair Prejudice trial in the High Court.
- Acting in an ongoing Charity dispute in relation to a piece of land which has developmental potential worth several millions of pounds.
- Attending a mediation and resolving a long-running dispute in relation to an Estate.
Career to date
Michael studied History at the University of Leeds and graduated in 2015. He went on to complete his GDL and LPC at BPP University. Prior to joining LBMW in September 2019, Michael worked as a Paralegal at a pension fund in London.
Michael qualified as a solicitor in September 2021.