Solicitors in Westminster, London
Charities & Not for Profit
We have decades of experience of advising charities, not-for-profit organisations, social enterprises, religious and community organisations.
We advise charities and not-for-profit organisations on a range of issues and have a team of highly skilled charity law experts who use their specialist knowledge, expertise and experience to provide a range of services to charities with varying social purposes and sectors. We also draw on a wider expertise within LBMW in various other legal disciplines to provide a complete service to our charity and not-for-profit clients to ensure that they have the legal resources necessary to deliver their charitable objects.
All our charity lawyers are members of the Charity Law Association and engaged widely in sector either as members of the working groups, Trustees, school Governors or advisors.
We have strong links with the Charity Commission, Privy Council and other stakeholders and run seminars and workshops throughout the year examining the latest challenges and opportunities posed by a rapidly changing legal and regulatory landscape.
We advise charities and not for profit organisations among others on the following: -
- Faith & religious organisations
- Setting up & managing a charity
- Charity property
- Charity dissolution & merger
- Not for profit & philanthropic foundations
- Charity Commission Visits, Investigations and Inquiries
- Clergy discipline
- Employing staff and managing volunteers
- Trademarks & Brand Protection
- Fundraising standards & regulations
- Trustees training, duties and board development
- Freedom of Information requests
- Dispute resolution