Solicitors in Westminster, London
We advise and protect charities and NFP organisations with every type of contentious legal issue from governance matters through to challenging wills and protecting legacies.
Our Dispute Resolutions have been at the forefront of charity law and disputes for decades helping those organisations to achieve their charitable aims and objectives. We routinely advise charities and NFP organisations on:
- governance issues, legal structure and legal challenges (internal and external) and disputes arising from those structures;
- employment disputes;
- terms of appointment, duties, remuneration, and powers of delegation of trustees;
- conflicts arising between boards, management teams and trustees;
- conflicts of interest arising across an organisation;
- reviewing policies and constitutions and advising on best practice and proactive governance and management aimed as avoiding disputes;
- winding up and dissolving charities and not for profit organisations;
- public law disputes including advising charities in judicial review proceedings;
- Protecting property and land rights;
- bringing and defending claims (with Charity Commission consent where necessary) in respect of all contentious and court claims; and
- debt recovery.
We provide robust, strategic and cost-effective advice when it comes to charities and NFP organisations protecting legacies and donations. We offer specialist legacy expertise and advise in respect of:
- contested legacies where a charity's entitlement under a will is challenged by other beneficiaries or relatives of the deceased;
- claims for reasonable financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975;
- challenging poorly administered estates, replacing executors and bringing claims for breach of fiduciary duties and trust; and
- Claims involving rectification of a will or account of losses based on professional negligence and maladministration.