Solicitors in Westminster, London
Our Dispute Resolution team has specialist property litigation lawyers with extensive experience in dealing with property and land disputes. Working closely with our transactional real estate colleagues, we advise and act for developers, landed estates, commercial landlords and occupiers, schools, charities and private property and land owners.
Our specialist lawyers provide practical, commercial and cost-effective advice across all aspects of land and property disputes from complex High court chancery proceedings through to routine recovery of a tenanted property. Our expertise includes:
- All aspects of commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes including consents to assignment, alterations, changes of use and underletting, lease renewals, break rights, service charge, rent review and dilapidation claims;
- Development agreement disputes including issues arising under option agreements and rights of pre-emption.
- Vacant possession strategy and site assembly;
- Rights of light issues, compensation and injunctive proceedings;
- Enforcement of easements, rights of way and restrictive covenants;
- Applications to discharge or modify easements under section 84 of the Law of property Act 1925;
- Real estate related insolvency issues and debt recovery;
- Removal of trespassers, squatters and other unauthorised occupation;
- Property fraud.
We are the leading practice in the protection Schemes of Management and Estate Management Schemes and act for some of the largest Scheme operators in the country. Our services include:
- Advising on the constitution and operation of Schemes of Management including the duties of Scheme operators;
- Taking enforcement against breaches of restrictive covenants;
- Defending applications to discharge or modify restrictive covenants in the Upper Tribunal and Court of Appeal;
- Applying to the Tribunal to amend Schemes;
- Recovering debt for unpaid management charges; and
- Challenging the unlawful operation of a Scheme.