Solicitors in Westminster, London
Church & Faith Disputes
We are one of the leading church and faith practices in London and the country.
Our Dispute Resolution lawyers work closely with our colleagues in the ecclesiastical team we act for Diocese, PCCs and other faith based organisations resolving all manner of disputes, including:
- Clergy Discipline Matters and all proceedings before the Ecclesiastical and Cannon Courts
- Land and property reverter disputes where we routinely act for both petitioner and respondent in relation to disputed faculties. We have recently successfully acted for a claimant in proceedings in the Court of Appeal which and which will soon go before the Supreme Court;
- Advising faith based charities and organisations in respect of regulatory matters, breaches, investigations and protection of assets and people;
- Bringing and defending claims (with Charity Commission consent where necessary) in respect of all contentious and court claims;
- Policing and protecting church and glebe land, removing trespassers, encroachment issues and claims for possession; and
- Having conduct of proceedings in the Consistory Court including contested claims for faculties.