- Quality Service Putting our clients first and understanding their challenges, objectives and goals and delivering a tailored service that represents value in every sense.
- Heritage Taking pride in our history, embracing our legacy and taking responsibility for the future success of our firm.
- Forward Thinking Striving to be flexible, skilled, able to adapt to the needs of our clients and always thinking several steps ahead.
- Expertise To pursue the delivery of outstanding results in all we do and to be market leaders in our specialist sectors.
- Dynamic To be positive in attitude, energetic, responsive and always on the front foot.
Susan works with a wide range of charities and not for profit organisations, from small unincorporated trusts to large corporate charities, including Royal Charter bodies. Given her background in company law, she has a particular interest in governance, and often assists trustees to update and improve their governance systems and documents. She has considerable knowledge and experience of educational charities, such as schools (both state schools and independent schools) and universities and colleges, particularly those with a Church of England foundation. She has a strong working knowledge of the Department of Education's suite of documents for multi-academy trusts, and works efficiently with the Charity Commission, the DfE, and other government departments.
- Establishing corporate charities (including charitable incorporated organisations)
- Assisting Royal Charter Bodies to update their Charters, and advising on good modern governance
- Establishing or merging multi-academy trusts
- Advising multi-academy trusts on governance
Career to date
Susan qualified in 1997 and joined LBMW in February 2016, after a career mostly spent in corporate and company law. She is a member of the Charity Law Association and the Ecclesiastical Law Society. She is Deputy Registrar for the Dioceses of Guildford, Lincoln and Derby.