- Quality Service Putting our clients first and understanding their challenges, objectives and goals and delivering a tailored service that represents value in every sense.
- Heritage Taking pride in our history, embracing our legacy and taking responsibility for the future success of our firm.
- Forward Thinking Striving to be flexible, skilled, able to adapt to the needs of our clients and always thinking several steps ahead.
- Expertise To pursue the delivery of outstanding results in all we do and to be market leaders in our specialist sectors.
- Dynamic To be positive in attitude, energetic, responsive and always on the front foot.
In the registries Patrick's responsibilities include the administration of faculty applications, the issue of clergy licences and Common Licences and providing advice on marriage law, churchyard management and the maintenance and expansion of church buildings.
In the Faculty Office Patrick works in both the areas of Special Marriage Licences and that of regulation of the Notarial profession in England and Wales. In the former he assists in the processing of applications for Special Marriage Licences, reviewing applications and administering oaths in support of licences. In the latter he is Clerk to the Qualifications Board, reviewing and processing applications for Certificates of Exemption by those seeking to become Notaries.
Career to date
Patrick joined LBMW in 2016 as an ecclesiastical clerk. He has a literary and academic background and holds a BA in Comparative Literature and a MA and PhD in English Literature, from King’s College London and Goldsmiths College. He also holds an LLM from Birkbeck College, University of London. He is a member of the Ecclesiastical Law Society and Association of Diocesan Registry Clerks.