- Quality Service Putting our clients first and understanding their challenges, objectives and goals and delivering a tailored service that represents value in every sense.
- Heritage Taking pride in our history, embracing our legacy and taking responsibility for the future success of our firm.
- Forward Thinking Striving to be flexible, skilled, able to adapt to the needs of our clients and always thinking several steps ahead.
- Expertise To pursue the delivery of outstanding results in all we do and to be market leaders in our specialist sectors.
- Dynamic To be positive in attitude, energetic, responsive and always on the front foot.
Andrew is a team leader in our private client department. He has expertise in all aspects of private client work including; wills, inheritance tax planning, trusts, administering estates, lasting powers of attorney, deputyship applications and acting as a deputy and for deputies.
Andrew has a reputation for always taking the time to understand his clients’ needs and appreciates that he is often dealing with clients at a time of stress and grief. Andrew prides himself on his approachability and ability to instil trust in clients. Andrew’s work involves dealing with complex Court of Protection cases where there are often allegations of financial abuse.
Andrew has great skill in mediating between the various parties to make sure that the client’s best interests are protected and taking an analytical approach to try and ascertain whether the clients’ finances are intact and, if necessary, how to recover funds that the client has been deprived of. Andrew has been invited to present at pre-retirement seminars at various NHS trusts for a number of years and is often recommended to clients by various accountants and independent financial advisers who recognise both his expertise and his ability to build brilliant client relationships.
Andrew qualified as a solicitor in 2004. Some of his career highlights to date include:
- Acting as deputy where there had been an abuse of position and recovering assets of significant value and protecting a vulnerable client from further abuse.
- Acting as trustee to a personal injury trust with a large sum of damages under asset management.
- Acting in the administration of an ultra-high net worth estate with assets in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acting for an attorney who has been accused of misusing their authority and having the Court of Protection agree that the attorney had always acted in the client's best interests
Career to date
Andrew joined LBMW as a partner in 2019 having previously spent the last 5 years as a partner in a large regional law firm.