When dealing with the administration of an estate, we will ordinarily incur disbursements necessary to move the administration of the estate forward. These are likely to be:
- HMCTS probate application fee (currently £155 plus £0.50 for each official copy although please note that following the recent budget, it is likely that these will be increased to a scale fee from April 2018);
- Swear fees (£5 for the oath for executors/administrators and £2 for each accompanying document – these fees are per executor/administrator);
- Valuation fees of any properties (this is a third-party cost but is likely to be between £400 and £2,000 plus VAT);
- Valuation fees of any investments (this is a third-party cost but is likely to be between £250 and £1,000 plus VAT);
- S27 Notices in the London Gazette and a local newspaper (this is a third-party cost but is likely to be between £200 and £300);
- Bankruptcy search fees (currently £2 each);
- Unclaimed assets register search fee (approximately £150).
It should be noted that the above is not a definitive list and VAT will be charged where appropriate.