Enduring Powers of Attorney

Whilst it is no longer possible to create a new Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA), those EPAs prepared prior to 2007 are still valid and can still be used if necessary.

An Enduring Power of Attorney can be used both before and after the donor has lost their capacity. However, for it to be used once the donor has lost their capacity, it must be registered at the Office of the Public Guardian. The rules governing the process for registering an EPA are quite strict and can be confusing. However, our team has a wealth of experience in doing so and can assist with registering an EPA efficiently whilst handling what can be a distressing matter in a sensitive and friendly way.

Related services: