Court of Protection

We advise all of our clients that they should prepare a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) if they do not already have a valid Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) or LPA in place. Where a client does not have an LPA or EPA, we are often asked to apply to the Court of Protection on behalf of a client's family for a Deputyship Order.

We appreciate that when a loved one loses their mental capacity (which can often be sudden) this is a very distressing and emotional time for their family. Because of this, we aim to apply for a Deputyship Order in such a way that the process is as smooth and efficient as possible, leaving you to concentrate on caring for your loved one.

We also advise clients on contested applications made to the Court of Protection, as well as those wishing to object to the registration of a Lasting Power of Attorney or an Enduring Power of Attorney.