Ecclesiastical Trusts & Charities
A niche area within our practice is ecclesiastical trusts, whether they derive from bequests or are the creatures of statute. Our experience here links together our established ecclesiastical expertise with our knowledge of charity law and how that element underpins much of the mission and ministry of the Church of England.
Through our close working relationship with the Charity Commission, we are able to offer our clients a keenly focused service as befitting this important area, advising on the following:
- Amendments and trust modifications.
- Application of income.
- Charity law application.
- Church and parish halls and institutes (including Albemarle Schemes).
- Governance and Trustees.
- Green burial sites.
- Land and property.
- Legacies and fundraising.
- Parochial charities (including PCCs and other church councils).
- Restricted funds including permanent endowment.