The choice of corporate structure, whether PLC, limited company, holding company or subsidiary, LLP, joint-venture, CIO, CIC or other type of structure is vital in setting up a business to trade, or a not for profit or charity to carry on its activities.
Relevant factors include:
- who is to have control
- respective proportions of interests of stakeholders
- ownership of assets
- dividend policy
- tax considerations in relation to dividends, salaries and other distributions
- ringfencing of liabilities
- purchase and disposal of assets
- and the desired exit route from the corporate vehicle.
We have a wealth of experience in structuring and implementing solutions for a wide range of corporate and business structures.