We advise, resolve and litigate on all issues relating to the use and occupation of land and property. Our clients include developers, land owners, property institutions, financial institutions, retailers, commercial and private occupiers, schools, charities and private individuals.
We have expertise in all forms of dispute resolution methods and advise on alternative means of resolving property disputes where appropriate.
Our team are highly experienced in all courts and tribunals and pride themselves on being approachable and commercial in outlook.
We can also help you avoid disputes by working with our wider real estate team to identify and manage risk at an early stage during the drafting and negotiation of a property transaction.
Our expertise includes:
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes.
- Consents to assignment, alterations, changes of use and underletting.
- Opposed lease renewals.
- Break rights in leases.
- Rent reviews.
- Disclaimer, forfeiture and surrender of leases.
- Service charge disputes.
- Rights of light issues.
- Disputes concerning development agreements.
- Vacant possession strategy and site assembly.
- Enforcement of easements, rights of way and restrictive covenants.
- Option agreements and rights of pre-emption.
- Professional negligence claims against real estate advisers.
- Real estate related insolvency issues.
- Trespass, squatters and unauthorised occupation.
- Recovery of rent arrears.
- Property fraud.
- Property related insolvencies.