Estate & Trust Disputes
Wills, inheritance rights and trusts are fertile ground for disputes and make up an increasingly contentious area of the legal landscape.
Our team advises executors, beneficiaries, trustees, administrators and charities on all wills, probate and trust issues, working closely, where required, with our private client team and our STEP (Society of Trust Estate Practitioners) accredited lawyers.
We have considerable experience of acting for families, trustees and beneficiaries in disputes over wills and trusts. We provide sensitive and commercial advice to all our clients and fully recognise the personal and often private nature of such disputes.
Our expertise includes:
- Will disputes and the administration of estates.
- Testamentary capacity and undue influence claims.
- Asset tracing and recovery.
- Succession issues.
- Advising charities on challenging and defending will legacies.
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims.
- Court of Protection issues.
- Breach of trust claims.
- Actions by and again trustees and executors.